The month of September is one of the best times of the year for a visit my country Hungary: often gorgeous Indian summer, not too crowded with tourists, and festivals and other programs abound.
However, in the lights of recent events, you might be reconsidering your travel plans to this pearl of Central Europe.
What kind of recent events? You might ask.
As of writing this post, first days of September 2015, Hungary is in the attention center of world news because this tiny country is supposed to deal with some global political mess that had been caused by other powers and to which she is not prepared to deal with: being on the route of thousands of migrants from Syria to Germany that has invited them, it is now the Hungarian authorities that are required to take care of the masses. If they can’t in the way that would please everybody (and of course, that is not possible), they are blamed and blasted, and so Hungary is given a bad name.
You can see tons of disturbing news all over the media these days, all telling you how terribly cruel, inhumane and stupid is the way of how the Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, the government, the police and of course, generally the entire country of Hungary is dealing with this artificially created chaos imposed upon us, but please, please: do take them with a pinch of salt!!!
Hungary is now being widely criticized for anything we do: if we let the migrants in, if we don’t, if we let them move on and out through its Western borders, and if we don’t let them go. Hungarians are far from being perfect and we make mistakes, but can someone show us please one country in this politically and economically chaotic world where everything is great?
If you are interested more about this current situation of immigration to Europe, there are a good couple of questions to ponder.
A FEW QUESTIONS THAT A LAY PERSON MIGHT ASK:
- It is easy to see that the whole story of migrant crisis has a lot to do with simply money: Syrian refugee crisis: why has it become so bad? Speaking about money: a few interesting statistics show the connections between the inhabitants, the GDP and the number of migrants in EU countries – Hungary had the highest number of asylum seekers per 1 million Dollar compared to any other states, already earlier in a previous one-year period,see 3) on this page (the article is in Norwegian, but the graphs are visual enough.) So, when will those who had caused the war at the first place and are keeping it going on, pay?
- When is the first boat or plane with refugees will leave to the US, or when will the stone rich Arabic countries will step in?
- Media reports, articles, photos and videos are painting a false picture, making it look not only worse than it is in reality, but outright lying.
Let’s take only this video: still photos of it have been shocking the world, which were first presented as how cruel the Hungarian police was to poor refugees (who are, by the way, not refugees yet by status, only illegal migrants): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dehGF3-qDvcWhy did have to be so many cameras there??? How did the world’s cameras know that this was going to happen right there? And how come the cameramen are standing on the track?It was only those Hungarian policemen who were doing a good job and helping the woman – and what did they get from the media in return?“Police cruelty against refugees” in the headlines…What can be more inhumane than to abuse innocent children and tweaking stories in the way that fits best to the interests of those financing MSM (=mainstream media)? This pregnant woman and her little toddler are abused in the same way as is the death of three-year-old Aylan Kurdi whose tiny body was lying lifeless on the shores of Turkey.
- It should be also broadly promoted how volunteers and the police of Hungary were trying the help these migrants: these photos are not making big rounds in the worldBut sadly, the media also didn’t show how did many of these migrants truly behave toward the helping hand:
Trashing Hungary, literally – lot of food, baby trolleys and other goods were thrown away:
Also in Bezug auf Vermüllung sind die #Refugees schon mal Euro-Kompatibel Ungarn, nach dem Exodus. pic.twitter.com/unOPZ2l53i
— Marcel Sardo (@marcelsardo) September 6, 2015
One might wonder: if these people behave so ungratefully now, when they are escaping from their lives being threatened in Syria (aren’t they all…? See 6. below) – how will they behave later when housing and Euro bundles are thrown at them, as Germany has promised them?
- Did you notice, by the way, that the vast majority of these “refugees” are strong men of army age, full of energy – why aren’t they doing something for their own land? Happy, healthy, young man with fantastic, great sexy muscles…
Just look at all those men in some kind of a uniform with the hats:
#refugee march is a bit strange. Good to know this guy remembered to pack his EU flag before jumping in the dinghy pic.twitter.com/PHo2UT20L0
— OffGuardian (@OffGuardian0) September 4, 2015
- It has been know already that Migrants using fake Syrian passports to enter EU and it’s beneficial to say you are from Syria.
“Migrant smuggling is probably the most profitable business there is” – Izabella Cooper, spokeswoman of the EU border control agency Frontex. We are back to money.
So are you still believing in whatever the mainstream media is cooking up about Hungary??
Fortunately, there are many ordinary people who use common sense and they voice their opinion, for example here.
THE ENTIRE STORY COULD BE SUMMARIZED SHORTLY:
Why trashing #Hungary about the #migrantcrisis in #EU??? WHO has caused it at the first place, WHY and HOW? That should be targeted.
— Andrea Gerak (@AndreaGerak) September 3, 2015
Orban: West attacked Syria and again risked chaos. US, Israel, Gulf states take NO refugees, only Europe #HUambassadors
— Mariann Őry (@otmarianna) September 7, 2015
Well, it’s warmongering, that’s what’s happening.
And I hope, that I will not have to go into politics another time…
Now, some much nicer vibes: click on the pictures to see a photo album of Hungary
Visit Live and Travel Your Life for travel information and posts about Hungary
Sign up for my email list for updates and exclusive content
Home Music Photography Travel Writing Store Contact Support Work with me
2 thoughts on “Welcome to Hungary! (Warning: rant on the migrant situation)”