Update on where in the world I am, enjoy 🙂
This post and the Now page, borrowed the idea of Derek Sivers, one of my Opinion Leaders since more than a decade, and who also created NowNowNow.com, with many others telling about what are they doing at this stage of their lives.
So if you were wondering about what am I doing now, thank you for asking, here it is, as of July, 2016:
I am in West-Bohemia, the Czech Republic for a few more days,
- Preparing for the next traveling months, which I originally named “Andrea Gerak Inspirational Tour”, when I did not have a more clear idea yet.
- Now a project is forming, called Travel With a Song (Utazás Dallal, in Hungarian) Simply: I travel, and sing beautiful songs in beautiful places. Hungarian folk songs, or others that already sing, and I learn a few local traditional songs of the given country. Or maybe an evergreen or musical piece.
But also, when I attend some live music event that gives back the feeling of the destination where I am at, I will sometimes capture them, too.
So far, I can post my tiny videos mainly on Instagram, check out the hashtag #TravelWithASong and the Flickr album.
Isn’t this pretty? There are so many more gorgeous places on Earth where I will love to do something like this! And of course, it will be way better with better equipment.
For example, this one is an older studio recording, and I would love to sing such songs in the green fields of Ireland and make live videos:
Well, Travel With A Song might come close to you, look, look:
MY EXCITING TRAVEL PLANS for the rest of the year!!
August – Morocco. I will be housesitting in Fez (Housesitting means that I will be taking care of the house of somebody while they are away)
September, October – Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain, South of France, Italy
November, December – Rome, where I will be housesitting, then home to Hungary for Christmas
Please let me know, if you have an idea for me along this road, or for the next year:
- Of course, I take bookings for singing performances worldwide as well, birthdays, weddings, festivals, corporate, community, social, church events, exhibition openings and such – maybe you have some event coming up, or know about one where a beautiful female voice would do good?
- Walking a lot and hiking, taking photos, photos and photos;
- Taking care of a serious-looking health issue that manifests mainly in my legs, but it’s getting better. One of the most terrific products I have ever tried is Asea. I highly recommend, if you want to improve your health in any aspects. My first experiences with Asea
- Making a little bit of order in my finances: for long years, I have done so much charity type work of various kind, not only singing for free but other things too, that it has caused a long-term disaster for my own money matters. Now I have finally started to climb out of it;
- Reading books, to learn about things in life, and to keep my imagination fresh.
What I am not doing and will NOT do:
- Listening to random music sent to me with “Hey! Check out my new tune and tell me what you think, and please share it on your networks”. If you are a musician and thinking about collaboration, do let me know.
- Going out for a drink – this has never been my thing at all, at all. A coffee or a tea could be perhaps something, but I prefer a more targeted conversation, like talking about a project we’d work on together, or some more action: live music, dancing, fun games with a bunch of friends, a photo walk or an excursion, a vernissage, a lecture, going swimming, biking, etc – there should be something happening (hint, hint, for men who want to date me, haha). I was never good at aimless chit-chat and blah-blah-blah and just “hanging out”, don’t take it personal.
What I WOULD LOVE TO do more of:
- Writing. One main target is to get some good, portable computer (eyeing a Sony Xperia Z4) so that I can work with music, photos and videos, plus write more poems, short stories, articles and whatevers that are on my mind. An entire book is wanting go come out of me, I just need to be able to sit down without distractions.
- Be more organized online: I have some kind of a smart phone for online access, and no any computer for a while. But I can feel a Sony Xperia Z3 or 5 Compact, and a Z4 with a keyboard finding their ways to me… 🙂 In fact, I am in a desperate need of some kind of better device than what I have at the moment so that I could actually work with all the pictures, songs and videos and keep in touch with the world – if you know about a laptop that is lying around somewhere unused, maybe it would be perfect for me, please throw it on me, I will be forever grateful!
If my activities or priorities change, I will publish a new NOW post with that date, and update the constant Now page.
Thank you for staying in the loop with me, and if you find something cool in all this, and feel like you would love to help me to keep the creative flame alive, there are a few things that you could do and I will appreciate, please pick something here (at the moment, I am still working on getting a flight ticket to Morocco in two weeks…)
Enjoy your summer, and let me hear from you, maybe we bump into each other on the beaches or mountains of the world!